Online registration is now closed but you are welcome to register at our Packet Pick up party Friday from 4-8 or Race Day May 4th from 7am to 8:45 am.
West Virginia Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 2013 is now taking registrations and donations.
For 13 years you came, you conquered and you persevered through wind and rain to make a difference in West Virginia-
It's time to do it again and continue to improve care and save lives in West Virginia.
Join us for the Susan G. Komen West Virginia Affiliate Race for the Cure® May 4th 2013!
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Since its inception in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure series has grown from one local Race with 800 participants to a global series of more than 120 Races with more than 1 million people expected to participate since 2009.
The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. It has proved to be an enormously effective way to reach many women and men with the message that breast cancer is not necessarily fatal if mammography and breast self-exam become routine. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first timers and recreational runners. The Komen Race for the Cure is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities.
Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain here in the Komen West Virginia Affiliate to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or under insured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
Every step counts! Your donation provides women and men in the Komen West Virginia Affiliate with services that have literally saves lives. You help make the following programs possible:
Up to 75 percent of net proceeds are used for local programs like those listed above, with 25 percent used to fund breast cancer research.